Sunday, February 12, 2012

I miss cable TV.

Sometimes I really miss having cable TV. I've survived without it for about a year and a half now. It's really easy to catch up on shows these days. I can read recaps for things I want to follow but don't necessarily feel like watching (House), or have the time to (General Hospital), and between Hulu and different pirating websites it's pretty easy to watch new episodes of shows within 24 hours and be perfectly content (Once Upon a Time, Glee, New Girl, and Downton Abbey). And Netflix has also been really awesome in introducing me to tons of new shows (Mad Men and Doctor Who) during those hours when I'm bored and searching for a way to fill in the Saturday afternoons I'd usually spend watching Food Network.

But then there's things like the Grammy's. And I spend a good two hours doing Google searches and refreshing every 60 seconds to see if there are videos of Adele's comeback performance, Katy Perry's new song, and Paul McCartney and Company doing half of the B side of Abbey Road.

How's a music nerd supposed to survive without cable on a night like this?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...