Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Counter, ie. my new favorite burger joint of all time

Sometimes I honestly think I have the stomach of a guy. I cannot even begin to describe to you of my love for a good burger enough. Top it with just about any kind of cheese and I'm in heaven. But alas, I'm not a guy. I'm a girl. And therefore I have a girly palate. I want sweet and savory at the same time, and I don't want my meat pink in the middle or dry and burnt to a crisp. And the fries better be good too. Can I also get a sweet sauce with that? So many demands! That solves it, I'm definitely a woman. Recently I've discovered The Counter, a small burger chain, and have become completely obsessed. With locations all over the country (but most in California), you can get your specialty burger fix wherever you are.

The menu itself is as simplistic as the decor. You're given a checklist to build your own burger with about 50 different options. Several different kinds of meat (all are ethically raised, yada yada) and meatless patties, toppings, cheeses, sauces, and buns to choose from. My personal favorite is a beef 1/3 pounder (that's AFTER cooking) with blue cheese, grilled onions, cranberries, and apricot sauce on a honey wheat bun. It sounds a little weird, but it is so good. My need for sweet and savory flavors are met. There's also some pre-chosen burger options to choose from too if all the options on the checklist are too much for you. Add a side of some REALLY good fries (plain, cheese, or sweet potato) or amazing onion rings and you're good to go.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the milk shakes and build your own drink menu.




Definitely looks like a great place to go to with a bunch of friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...