Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Is this a sign I am getting old?

Maybe it is, but I went to a barbeque on Saturday afternoon and came back exhausted. Maybe this is also because I ate a TON of food and have had naps every day for the last two weeks besides Saturday, but when I got home I just wanted to chill out on my bed with the animals. Snuggle parties such as this one are pretty common these days. As a side note I am so thrilled that Batman has finally wised up and joined the "we love Charlie" club. Since moving he has been extra snuggly, sleeps with us every night, and I've even caught him rubbing up against Charlie every once in awhile. It only took 11 months!

So getting back to the point, after coming home I wanted nothing more than to sit in my room with the animals and just screw around on Facebook and the internet in general. Sometimes it's nice to be calm. My evening consisted of Mahjong and coffee cake, and this mix that I'm about to share with you. I'll be honest, I didn't really make it. I have pre-made mixes of "happy" music. Or calm, or angry. Stuff that's good for cleaning, working out, cooking, etc. They generally have 100 songs on them and get shuffled. Usually the calm one gets played on planes, or on a Saturday night when I want to vegetate and act like a hermit. And if I must say, the first 15 songs on this shuffle were golden.

Classical Gas - Eric Clapton
Fairy Tale Song (Cade) - Milton Nascimento
Popstars - Rooney
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight - The Postal Service
Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - She & Him
I'll Follow the Sun - The Beatles
Coney Island - Death Cab For Cutie
She's A Rainbow - The Rolling Stones
Modern Girls and Old Fashioned Men - The Strokes
Black Mirror - Arcade Fire
Sky Stars Falling - Doves
Party Girl - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
the Wonderful Future - Our Lady Peace
He Doesnt Know Why - Fleet Foxes
Sense - Pete Yorn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...