To keep you in the loop, I've decided that at the end of every month, if I make progress on my 30 under 30 list I will post about it.
To remind you about my list here it is:
1. Never stop playing soccer.
2. Get my PhD.
3. Have a baby, or at least try to have a baby.
4. Go to Hawaii.
5. Pay off credit card debt.
6. Go to France.
7. Find at least two life long friends in California.
8. Maintain my vegetable garden for at least one year.
9. Buy new dining room chairs.
10. Surprise myself with my grades.
11. Keep my current best friends.
12. Restore the ugly orange chair.
13. Do something I always say I'll never do ever.
14. Get an article published that is not my dissertation.
15. Drive the California coast.
16. Host a great weekend or Holiday here with my family.
17. Be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding.
18. Organize my computer files (music, photos, and school stuff).
19. Take a vacation (even just an overnight trip) with just the girls.
20. Learn more about wine.
21. Figure out how to tell a chicken/roast beef/fish/etc. is done cooking just by looking at it.
22. See Radiohead live.
23. Learn how to fancy dance (ie. waltz, salsa, etc.) with my husband.
24. Start saving for a house.
25. Make an Italian meal for my husband's Italian family.
26. Work at least one job that is completely frivolous and fun (ie. not a resume booster).
27. Get into at least 5 new bands every year.
28. Read for pleasure more.
29. Finish my old diary.
30. Start a massive project, and actually finish it.
And here's the progress:
1. Never stop playing soccer. - I started a new league the first weekend in January and have been playing every Sunday. Also, in conjunction with another student at school we're in the process of starting up a school team to play somewhere. Very excited about that since we just got permission from the president of the school to get funding.
2. Get my PhD. - Always a work in process.
4. Go to Hawaii. - Found out that we have enough points on Nick's credit card to get two free tickets and at least one free night's stay for our anniversary next year. Working on now paying for as many nights as possible with his points and trying to get a hotel gift card with mine. We'll wait until the summer to book that trip, but it's definitely looking like a reality!
5. Pay off credit card debt. - One card left! If our taxes are nice enough then we'll be done by April.
10. Surprise myself with my grades. - I got my grades back for the first quarter of school and got straight As! That's always been very difficult for me with regards to Psychology (should have been an English major if I wanted a 4.0). It was a tough semester (lots of work, big life transition, etc.), so I was not expecting grades that high. Consider this one checked off!
16. Host a great weekend or Holiday here with my family. - My aunt has decided to come visit us for Easter and my WHOLE family is supposedly coming out in August to celebrate my brother's 21st birthday in Napa.
18. Organize my computer files (music, photos, and school stuff). - My old computer just about died on me so I had to buy a new one. And therefore had to organize everything to move over to the new one. Unintentional, but still got the job done. Consider this one checked off!
20. Learn more about wine. - Went to Napa last weekend and probably tasted 45-50 wines. Definitely working on this one.
24. Start saving for a house. - Does anyone know a free savings account that lets you have a low balance? I think I would like to start doing this but only put in like $10 a month for now. Problem is I don't want to get hit with fees if my balance is below a certain amount.
27. Get into at least 5 new bands every year. - Definitely have downloaded more than enough music and bought more than enough CDs to accomplish this. Found 2 bands so far (Jenny and Johnny (their album will be reviewed next month) and Best Coast).
So two officially off the list and a whole host more in progress! That's kind of exciting.