Friday, June 24, 2011

Latest Fashion Craze: Wear Your Own Geodes

Do you remember those break your own geode kits from growing up? You'd see them at the science store or in museums. I always always wanted one. It was at the top of my "must have souvenir" list, but my mom always said no. I don't know why, I had a rock collection for a long time. I loved to put them in one of my jewelry boxes and take them out at least once a week, look over them, and decide which were my favorites. I always thought about what I'd do with them if I could make them into jewelry. Certain ones for earrings, rings, necklaces, etc. And now, someone has finally had the bright idea to do just that with all of these rocks. And you can't go to any fashion store these days without seeing tons of their accessory carts filled with them. Makes me wonder what happened to those stones...if I knew how to make jewelry out of them I could save a fortune on things for myself and gifts.

Recently I've been pretty crazed about this new fashion trend and I have been searching high and low for something to add to my collection of accessories. So far I haven't had much luck as the things are either super huge (I've got tiny fingers so big stone rings don't work for me) or super expensive. I did just start working at Anthropologie, but even with my discount who can afford the things there? I mean, I've love to be able to buy these earrings or this ring:

But my God that's a lot of money! I don't think I could afford that ring even when I had a job.

At any rate, I did find a few more affordable options out there (and as usual H&M has cheap ones too, they just don't have a website for shopping).

Express


Mod Cloth


Forever 21

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...