Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Time Tunes

I know for some people (my brother included), the summer time means music festivals. Sweating, mud, and band after band of sonic bliss. I don't think I'll be going to any festivals, but I did start off my summer with an outdoor concert (and I've got a couple more left-yay summer tours). I saw Florence + The Machine with my friend Brandi. She was spectacular and even played a few new songs. Very excited for that album to come out.

What does the summer time mean to you? Fun? Heat? As few clothes as possible! Thunderstorms. The Beach. Driving around aimlessly at all hours of the day. BBQing. Camp. Freshly cut grass. Vacations. And in no uncertain terms, some kind of freedom that you don't have the rest of the year. Even when I was working, the summer still mean things would slow down and not be as hectic during the rest of the year. And now, while I will still be taking a class, have a part time job (Anthropologie, score!), and will be spending some time at the school clinic, the amount of work I'll need to do when I get home each day will be far less. No more late nights with my computer tapping away, no more weekends wasted doing work and telling Nick to bug off for awhile, and no more unGodly amounts of reading to do...at least until September.

With all these things in mind, I made a summer time mix to celebrate the new season. Somewhere between laid back relaxation and a dance party, it's what the summer is all about: freedom.

Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
Hounds Of Love - The Futureheads
June Gloom - The Like
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
LDN - Lily Allen
Horchata - Vampire Weekend
Ten-Twenty-Ten - Generationals
Second Hand News - Fleetwood Mac
Limelight - Rush
Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane
Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
Absinthe Party At The Fly Honey Warehouse - Minus The Bear
Shiny Happy People - R.E.M.
Under The Blacklight - Rilo Kiley
12:51 - The Strokes
No Action - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Girls Of Prey - Pop Noir
Pounding - Doves
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
Follow You Down - Gin Blossoms
You Are the Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love Florence + the Machine. I listen to her album whenever I want to switch up my workout music.

For me, summer means 100+ temps and a lot of escaping the heat into the air conditioned movie theatres.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...