10 Fun Facts
1. I have the best long term memory ever, but the worst short term memory. Nick thinks I nag a lot, but really I truly can't remember the answer to my question. Old age is going to be so much fun.
2. My favorite foods are cheese, ice cream, pumpkin & butternut squash, pizza from NYC, and chocolate chip cookies that my dad makes.
3. When I say that my mom is one of the smartest people I know, everyone always goes, "aw, that's so nice." But it's not nice, it's true. The other smartest people I know are my brother, myself, and my AP English teacher.
4. It is possible to be hugged too much as a child. I would know, I was one of them. Now I can't get enough hugs and will probably screw my kids up for life too. Thank God Nick understands and is always ready to be there for me when I need a fix.
5. At one point in my life I had read almost every Nancy Drew book every written. The only reason that's not the case anymore is because they keep writing them.
6. The only thing I want to be more than a Clinical Psychologist is a mom.
7. My dad has an encyclopedia-like knowledge of music and pop culture. I am trying really hard to be like him when I grow up.
8. I drool, a lot, when I sleep.
9. I will probably grow up to be a crazy cat lady. It is so hard not to adopt a third one, but Nick would kill me and I promised him we'd get a dog next. Boo.
10. I didn't really think moving to California through until I was driving through Pennsylvania on 8/14/10 (ie. the first 8 hours of our road trip here).
10 Goofy Questions
1. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? - Of course. I rarely ever get enough shampoo or conditioner for my hair anyway, so whenever you use some or pack it away they give you more. Then I have enough for that trip and possibly the next as well. Although, all my leftovers under the bathroom sink drive Nick insane.
2. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? Um, I guess neither is not an option? I'm going with bees because at least they won't maim me like a bear will.
3. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing? All the time. I think our neighbors must think I'm nuts. I also dance in the car...so I think the general public must think I'm nuts.
4. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? Yesterday, I wrote a letter to my cousin, Jillian. I love to write letters mainly because who doesn't like to get a nice hand written note? Sometimes it's just a nice way to say hi. I think in the last two weeks I've written four. I used to have a few pen-pals, and I wish I had one again.
5. Best thing to eat for breakfast? That's a toughie. My dad grew up with big breakfasts on the weekends with classical music playing in the background so he continued that tradition with us. Waffles or chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, and eggies with cheese were staples in our house on Saturday mornings. And because breakfast was such a huge deal, it was the first thing both my brother and I taught ourselves how to make. Subsequently, I make a lot of really good breakfasts. To choose between my french toast (which I think might be Nick's favorite), banana orange pancakes, salmon eggs benedict? I don't know...there's too many to choose.
6. Which are better Legos or Lincoln Logs? Oh, definitely Lincoln Logs. But I'm really old fashioned when it comes to toys. Besides my Barbies and My Little Ponies, one of my favorite toys was a set of pieces you put together to make a marble obstacle course. Then you put the marbles in the top piece and watched them go through. My mom and I could spend hours doing that. And I loved my blocks growing up just as much as my Nintendo (which I only had Super Mario Bros 1-3 and Wheel of Fortune for).
7. Is Christmas stressful? Absolutely not! This is my favorite time of the year. Colors, smells, snow and cold weather, clothes, food, music, shopping for presents, decorations, the crowdedness of Rockefeller Center in NYC...but I must be the only person who actually enjoys that and making food for 3 days for 10+ people at Christmas dinner.
8. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Teacher (Kindergarten then music then English), police woman, nail artist, fashion designer, chef, writer, rock stair, actress. I'm glad I'm going to be a psychologist.
9. Who was your HS crush? I had so many. I was very boy crazy in high school, but I was really good at keeping it under wraps. My whole life revolved around the 10 boys I liked. Did they look at me in the hallway? How can I make sure I'm in their group during class? Oh my god he talked to me!! I think if I had a little bit more self confidence I would have had a lot of boyfriends.
10. DJ or band, at a wedding? This was a huge area of contention when we were planning our wedding. My dad is a musician and works in a wedding band. Everyone in my family wanted a band and my dad's band even offered to play for us for free. But Nick and I are HUUUUGGGEE music nerds and as talented as my dad's band was, I knew they couldn't possibly learn all the songs we wanted played at our wedding. We opted for a DJ (Brian Swatek) and he was phenomenal. Everyone was happy and the dance floor was full the whole night. I am so glad we opted for DJ and didn't listen to everyone.
Want to share anything about you that's fun or answer the questions?