Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Restaurant Review: Jovino

Last week I made my first venture into San Francisco (to do more than just one stop shopping) and hung out with my friend Roni for a really nice lunch at Jovino.

The restaurant is small, laid back, and in cafeteria style (you order the food at the counter and they bring it to you at your table). And the decor was lots of light natural wood giving off that earthy tavern-like vibe. There were students hanging out and studying for finals (which I could definitely see myself doing if I lived in the area) and lots of people on break from work having lunch. A front room closer to the counter where you could watch TV (they had a soccer game on, thankfully not the MLS) and a back room where you could go for more space and quiet.

The food itself was delicious mainly creative bar food with a few other fancy things thrown in, all made with "happy meat." I opted for their Parisian burger which came with brie cheese and caramelized onions. I really want to go back to try their Bacon Bleu burger (toppings there are obvious) and their polenta with mushrooms and goat cheese.

Jovino was a great place to hang with your girlfriends in the middle of a shopping day (the area had tons of boutiques, designer, and chain stores), have a lunch date, or hang out with your friends and have a few beers and burgers. Definitely highly recommended.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...