I absolutely love brie. It's so versatile. You can have it on its on own, with something sweet, or something savory. For an appetizer, as part of your meal, or wih dessert. Hot or cold. What more could you ask of as a food? Here's four of my favorite ways to eat it when you heat it.
Baked Brie wrapped in Crescent Rolls
Baked Brie in a Mini Loaf Pan - Cut up brie to fit in your loaf pans (depending on the size of the block you bought, it could be 1 or 2). Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put toppings on top of brie. Cook until brie is completely melted. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Baked Brie on crostinis - Toast bread (or buy bread that's already toasted) in toaster oven for 5-7 minutes. Pieces should be decent sized. Spread toppings on taost, then cut blocks of brie and place on top, heat for 4-5 minutes (cheeseshould be soft, but not runny).
For each of these three ways to eat it, you have a multitude of topping options. Here's a few ideas:
- Brown sugar and nuts (walnuts and almonds are our favorites)
- Raspberries and black berries (this is also good with the brown sugar and nuts)
- Chutney, Jams, or cranberry sauce
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Sauted veggies like peppers, onions, or mushrooms
- Smoked Salmon
- Dried fruit (also good with nuts)
- Apples or pears (again good with the brown sugar and nuts)
And don't be chintzy with those toppings!