Sunday, January 22, 2012

When friends ask you to make you a mix...

One of my best friends of all time, Jen, and I have a relationship that is based on music. When we were 10 we met during flute lessons at school and we were stand partners in one ensemble or another all the way through senior year of high school. We suffered through our awkward phases on stage front in center of our middle school concert band and forged a really close bond by the time senior year came around sitting in the back of the high school's orchestra chatting about boys and life. Around that time we also started driving to the mall and aimlessly wandering around nice neighborhoods afterwards until the wee hours of the morning. I always supplied the tunes and Jen was always impressed with my knowledge of artists.

Once we went away to college we kept up our music traditions by talking about what my school's radio station was getting in the new bin (I was a DJ there) and I often made mixes for Jen. Once in awhile I'll still get requests. "You need to make me a mix! I'm dying for some good music and you have such great taste!" This week one such request arrived and of course I complied (within a few hours) because what music nerd doesn't like to make mixes for people? Anything to show off what we're listening to and rearrange the songs perfectly to suck people in and tap their feet to the beat.

And just in case you were wondering, here's what I came up with this time:

When I'm With You by Best Coast
Book Of Stories by The Drums
Bang Bang Bang by Mark Ronson And The Business Intl Featuring Q-Tip
Secret Lover by THAT WORK
Indestructible by Robyn
Cough Syrup by Young The Giant
Them Kids by Sam Roberts
It's A Lie by Fiction Plane
Hearts And Bones by Paul Simon
Carnival by The Cardigans
Goin' Out Of My Head by Little Anthony & The Imperials
Ferry 'cross The Mersey by Gerry & The Pacemakers
Past The Sleep by Company Of Thieves
West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys
Fantasy by Earth Wind & Fire
Blue Ridge Mountains by Fleet Foxes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...