To remind you about my list here it is:
1. Never stop playing soccer.
2. Get my PhD.
3. Have a baby, or at least try to have a baby.
4. Go to Hawaii.
5. Pay off credit card debt.
6. Go to France.
7. Find at least two life long friends in California.
8. Maintain my vegetable garden for at least one year.
9. Buy new dining room chairs.
11. Keep my current best friends.
12. Restore the ugly orange chair.
13. Do something I always say I'll never do ever.
14. Get an article published that is not my dissertation.
15. Drive the California coast.
16. Host a great weekend or Holiday here with my family.
17. Be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding.
19. Take a vacation (even just an overnight trip) with just the girls.
20. Learn more about wine.
21. Figure out how to tell a chicken/roast beef/fish/etc. is done cooking just by looking at it.
22. See Radiohead live.
23. Learn how to fancy dance (ie. waltz, salsa, etc.) with my husband.
24. Start saving for a house.
25. Make an Italian meal for my husband's Italian family.
26. Work at least one job that is completely frivolous and fun (ie. not a resume booster).
27. Get into at least 5 new bands every year.
28. Read for pleasure more.
29. Finish my old diary.
30. Start a massive project, and actually finish it.
And here's the progress:
1. Never stop playing soccer. - Playing in two leagues right now, and possibly a third through school. May have bit off more than I can chew this quarter, but it's ok because I'll figure out which leagues I like and be pickier next season. At least there's options here!
2. Get my PhD. - Always a work in process. 2/3 of the way through year one!
4. Go to Hawaii. - New deals on ticket prices and after speaking with a friend who used to leave there we're narrowing down on booking a trip. Nick and I are going to talk about it this week!
5. Pay off credit card debt. - We might be paying off this large card next month, or at least 95% of it.
14. Get an article published that is not my dissertation. - Starting to write an article with Ellen Fisher-Turk about Phototherapy. And that's besides the research proposal I'm putting together that I hope to turn into a study and possibly 2 separate papers.
16. Host a great weekend or Holiday here with my family. - Due to my cousin getting pregnant I think my family's trip out here is pretty much canceled. I know my immediate family is still coming, but I don't think I want to count that.
24. Start saving for a house. - Does anyone know a free savings account that lets you have a low balance? I think I would like to start doing this but only put in like $10 a month for now. Problem is I don't want to get hit with fees if my balance is below a certain amount.
27. Get into at least 5 new bands every year. - Jenny and Johnny, Best Coast, Bad Books, Mark Ronson and the Business International, and Grizzly Bear. And it's only March! Still so much more music that has been recently downloaded on my computer. Consider this checked for this year!